There’s about 30 million small businesses in the USA and millions more around the world. Most of them are “mom and pop” small businesses – such as my local Chinese restaurant and local dry cleaners. They don’t have a customer database and just rely on walk in foot traffic.
However, thousands of other businesses out there (My guess is about 7 – 10 Million) have some sort of customer database.
I’m advocating that EVERY business needs to consider moving away from a simple contact manager to some level of CRM where you know more about your customers. What they bought, what their preferences are, what they last posted on social media and more. Your CRM (customer relationship management) system needs to also be integrated into an email system (to email customers) and into a lead capture system (to capture information on prospective customers).
Having a list of customer phone number is not enough – you must have an all in one system that can help you date customer DATA and use it for ACTIONABLE insight.
Here’s a few of Zephyr Salvo’s Client Engagement Platform features:
- Customizable Online Portal: Invite clients to a branded service portal where they can schedule appointments, pay invoices, share documents, and communicate online or on their phone.
- Instantaneous Customer Service: Get instant notification for any client request from the web, email or social and immediately respond via the mobile app.
- Everything In the Palm of Your Hand: Access all client information anywhere you go, including contact details, social network profiles, previous communication history, appointments and payments.
- Synchronized Team View: Manage work schedules, assign client appointments to staff members and share information across your team.
- Self-Service Client Scheduling: empower customers to schedule appointments and services based on team availability, reducing coordination hassles. Your staff can accept, reject or reschedule appointments right from their phone.
- On-The-Go Billing: Create and email invoices outside the office and request clients to pay online or via their mobile device.
- Automated Notifications: Set reminders for upcoming appointments, or send alerts to clients who require a follow-up at a specific time or warrant special attention.